Thursday, May 11, 2017

Happy First Birthday


Hello and welcome. I hope you have had a good week and are looking forward to a wonderful Mother's Day.

My sister's great-grandson will have his first birthday this month, so, of course I volunteered to make his card. The card that inspired me was found on Pinterest but it was a shaker card and I didn't think a shaker card would be right for a one year old. So, I modified it. The number one and balloons were cut on the Silhouette, stars are a small hand punch, borders are from Avery Elle Dotted Borders die set, sentiment is an old rubber stamp. I put a piece of acetate behind the number one cut out then attached it to a piece of patterned paper from my stash. Balloons were cut from both cardstock and patterned paper and run through the Softly Falling embossing folder. Stars were added to cover a smudge under one of the words.

Thanks for stopping by, please come back soon. Comments are greatly appreciated. Have a great day.

Take Care!
Gerry

2 comments:

  1. So much fun that just screams all boy. The stars are the crème de la crème, such a good thing to have happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is terrific! I love the design and the big #1, makes a fantastic keepsake. (I'm taking notes, wink, wink )

    ReplyDelete