Sunday, May 7, 2017

Black Butterflies


Hello and welcome. I hope you have had a wonderful weekend.

When I started this card it was with the hope of using the smacked acetate technique. Well, turns out I need lots of practice with smacking the acetate (sigh) . Background under the butterfly is designer paper from Stampin Up; large butterfly is from Memory Box; small butterflies were cut on the Silhouette Cameo; circles are Spellbinders classic and scalloped circles; embossing folder is Sizzix Honeycomb. Butterflies were cut from black glitter cardstock and are popped up.

Thanks for stopping by, please come back soon. Comments are greatly appreciated. Have a great day.

Take Care!
Gerry

2 comments:

  1. I am not very good at Smackin' Acetate either. I have not given it enough practice I guess. I love your beautiful black butterfly, it's just elegant in that color. Great design too, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol smackin' acetate.....I always want to laugh....and then call a cop hahaha I bet it comes out better than you give yourself credit! This is a beautiful card! I love your black butterflies, especially the one in the middle....the all POP! The background texture looks awesome too, as does that pretty shade of blue! Smackin' acetate.....lol

    ReplyDelete