Monday, January 2, 2017

With Sympathy



Hello and welcome. I hope you're holidays were all you had hoped for and that 2017 brings good things your way.

Todays card is for a dear friend who's stepmom passed away last week. I don't especially like making sympathy cards anytime but it seems even more difficult around the holidays.
I used the Sparkling ef for the background; rose is Rose Garden Thinlits; sentiment is from Rose Wonder stamp set; labels are Spellbinders Labels 4. To get a little shimmer to the rose I rubbed Real Red cardstock with a metallic Gelato. After adhering the die cut to the Gelato'd (??) cardstock I hand trimmed around the edges.

Thanks for stopping by, please come back soon. Comments are greatly appreciated. Have a great day.

Take Care!
Gerry

3 comments:

  1. I agree, hard to make especially at this time of year.....BUT they are the most necessary cards ever! This beauty will bring love and comfort. That is one gorgeous rose. It's just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ack - I just made a sympathy card too, and have to make another one. No time is good, but seems like at this time of year it's doubly hard. Your card is so pretty, I'm sure it will be meaningful and uplifting to the recipient. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, extra hard this time of year. I try to keep some made ahead of time, just in case. Yours is very pretty and I'm sure will give comfort to the recipient.

    ReplyDelete