Saturday, September 24, 2016

Birthday Wine Bottle


Hello and welcome. I hope the weekend is going well for you.

Todays card was inspired by this sentiment: "I bought you an awesome bottle of wine for your birthday! It was wonderful, I thought about you the entire time though."  Being the nasty person I am, I thought this would be perfect for my friend who has been away all summer and missed our  'girls wine & chit-chat' nights.  

Instead of putting a wine bottle on a card, I thought why not make a shaped card. Both sentiment and bottle template were found on Pinterest. The gold top was cut from a piece of gold specialty paper I found in my stash. To find a border for the label I Googled 'wine labels'. The HB circle is tied on with a piece of twine. On the inside I added a label to the left side so I'd have space to sign it. Edges of the labels and circle were sponged.

Thanks for stopping by, please come back soon. Comments are greatly appreciated. Have a great day.

Take Care!
Gerry

3 comments:

  1. HAHAHA Love this! The shape of course is AWESOME as are the sentiments! This is just one of those fabulous designs!!! I LOVE this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! I just love different shaped cards and this one is perfecto vino!!! You sure rocked this, and I love the wrapped top with the logo tag? Not sure what that is called in the vino world. I'm a beer person myself, when I sip from Bruce's mug that is. Hey, maybe I can do a beer mug with a nice frosty head on the top, overflowing down the side....ok, now I'm thirsty ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too, too funny!!! I would send this to someone in a heartbeat. Really cute card!!!

    ReplyDelete