Sunday, April 17, 2016

Pleated Skirt Birthday





Hello and welcome. I hope you're having a nice weekend with some nice spring weather. It's a perfect day here in Las Vegas.


Todays card is for one of my s-i-l's. I usually make her one with a crazy old lady image but decided to change it up a bit this year. However, the sentiment inside doesn't quite match the front..."When I get old, I'm not going to sit around knitting. I'm going to be clicking my Life Alert button to see how many hot firefighters show up.!" 
DP is Perfect Artistic Designer Series Paper from Stampin Up; large daisy is from the Silhouette; small daisies are a Stampin Up punch. Sentiment is from a clear stamp set that I've had for a long time but there's no name on it. Porcelain dots were colored with a Copic marker. I cut a 1/2 " border to put across the top but it doesn't show up very well in the photo. 


Thanks for stopping by, please come back soon. Comments are greatly appreciated. Have a great day.


Take Care!
Gerry



5 comments:

  1. I have seen the pleated skirt technique a lot lately, but have not tried it. You have done it beautifully here, and your papers are beautiful. Your SIL will love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card! Love the pleated skirt -- I haven't tried that yet. Way to go! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha that's what I tell my Mom to do :) This is a fabulous technique, so pretty! Beautiful Designer Paper, love the colors and of course your pretty daisies, one of my most favorite flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So funny! I had a good laugh :) Very pretty card. I've been wanting to try this technique - thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful inside sentiment. I'm still laughing! Beautiful card. I need to try this.

    ReplyDelete