Monday, April 4, 2016

Masculine Birthday





Hello and welcome. Happy Monday, hope you had a nice weekend. This is going to be a much better week for me, I think I'm finally over the bronchitis.


A few weeks ago I saw a card on Pinterest by Diane Barnes and decided I wanted to CASE it. I did have some woodgrain paper but it wasn't quite right so I went online to find one I liked better. I always print my background paper on matt finish photo paper instead of cardstock. Loops are a piece of twine I found laying around; banner is hand cut; words are Die-Namics dies; dots are white enamel colored with a Copic marker. I cut "happy" twice from cardstock, once from chipboard glued them together and topped it with clear nail polish.
This is going to our son who is turning 51. Inside sentiment "Middle age is when work is a lot less fun and fun is a lot more work".


Thanks for stopping by, please come back soon. Comments are greatly appreciated. Have a great day.


Take Care!
Gerry

4 comments:

  1. Great card. Thanks for providing the great details. I really like the sentiment on the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great masculine card! Those are the hardest for me to do. Pinterest is a great resource for ideas. Love the wood grain and the banner with the loops...very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic masculine card, love the woodgrain background and all those loops of twine, really screams manly....if men screamed lol Glad you are feeling so much better....YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! Love the wood background. Oh, and thanks for the tip on printing on matte photo paper, I will have to look for some of that. Your card is wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete