Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Birthday Gears




Hello and welcome. So glad you stopped by, I hope your week is going well. This past weekend it seemed as though we were slipping back into winter but it's warming up again now.


After perusing Pinterest for hours I finally came up with this card for my 83 year old brother-in-law. After seeing a few cards with gears stamped on them I remembered the old Stampin Up Sense Of Time set. Then my "gears" started working. After stamping the gears all over the cardstock I sort of distressed it using the Tim Holtz distress tool and using a cotton ball and Soft Suede stamp pad. The metal gears, from my stash, were silver so I colored them with a Copic marker. Sentiment is a single stamp I bought at Hobby Lobby. Inside sentiment: "Birthdays are good for you... the more you have the longer you live!"


Thanks for stopping by, please come back soon. I really appreciate your comments. Have a great day.


Take Care!
Gerry

5 comments:

  1. The gears (wheels) n the bus go round and round lol GREAT masculine card, your bil will love it. I like that sentiment, it's perfect....and true lol And check you out, you finished the inside! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card for a male and I like the way that you angled your greeting

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE all the gears, what a great card. Wonderful color - a truly masculine masterpiece!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a perfect masculine card Gerry...love the gears and the gorgeous subtle colors you used
    Ps : I am having a celebration on my blog with prizes...would love to have you join in.Here is the link : 5 Million Page-views Celebration

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool masculine card! I love all of the gears.

    ReplyDelete