Sunday, January 31, 2016

Hearts In Squares





Hello and welcome. I hope you have had a very nice week end.


Todays card is for our 18 year old granddaughter who I'm going to brag about a little bit. She made the Dean's List the first semester of her freshman year of college....we are SO proud of her. Now on to card details.
The pink & black came about when I spotted this ribbon in my ribbon rack. I couldn't quite get it to lay out right till I realized the card needed to be square...DAH!!! Large hearts are from a Sizzix Cut & Emboss Sizzlet, small heart is a punch. It's hard to see in the photo, but I used clear Wink Of Stella around the embossed edges of the big hearts and covered the small heart. Also I used black Wink Of Stella around the edges of the black cs. I added pink gems for a little glitz.


Thanks for stopping by, please come back soon. Comments are greatly appreciated. Have a great day.


Take Care!
Gerry

4 comments:

  1. Oh congratulations! What a smarty pants! :) LOVE this card, reminds me of a beautiful cozy quilt! The large hearts are FABULOUS! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that is just awesome, she must be one smart cookie. And I know she will love your wonderful card, I love how you have done the hearts! Very simple but sweet Valentine!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic! PERFECT for an 18-year-old! I might try to CASE you on this. A card for a 16-yr-old is on my list, among other teenagers and pre-teens. So out of my comfort zone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to your granddaughter....what an accomplishment! Bet she will love this sweet card. Love the four hearts and the little added bling!

    ReplyDelete