Friday, January 22, 2016

Get Well



Hello and welcome. I hope your week has been better than mine. In the wee hours of Monday morning I awoke with severe back pain. After a ride in the Sun City Taxi (aka ambulance), some morphine, Valium, blood work, urine sample and CT scan, I was diagnosed with a UTI. After a few days on pain killers I'm finally feeling normal....and awake. It's been a long week.

Todays card is for my niece-in-law who had heart surgery. Background was run through the Brick Wall ef and distressed by sponging Pear Pizzazz ink and using the Tim Holtz distressing tool on the edges. Butterfly die is from Memory Box, vines are from Die-namics Leafy Greenery die set. For the butterfly outline I found a small piece of shiny black cs in my stash. Label is from the Word Window and Modern Label punches; sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes. A little black Liquid Pearl was added to label ends.

Thanks for stopping by, please come back soon. Comments are greatly appreciated. Have a great day.

Take Care!
Gerry

5 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear that you were so sick. Prayers for you and family. Your cards are beautiful.

    Love and Prayers,
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you poor thing, hope you are feeling better as well as your Niece-In-Law. Yes, your card is gorgeous, love the brick background and beautiful butterfly as well as the vine accents. Pretty colors all around! Be Well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, didn't know a UTI could cause that much pain. You must have had a doozy, hope you are on the mend!! I love how you have used the butterfly, really pretty cut in black with the color behind it. Your niece will love it, I'm sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear you have been sick. I had a UTI a few weeks ago, but mine was the opposite of yours....no pain at all just the urgency to go. Still it was no fun. Happy you are feeling better. Hope your niece-in-law is doing well. She should be cheered by your beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa, Gerry! Are you all right? I'm so sorry to read that you were ill. UTI's can be quite painful. You're in my prayers, friend. Love your card! You always do an excellent job embossing the brick. The butterfly and greenery go perfect in your design. Great job!

    ReplyDelete