Monday, October 5, 2015

Peek-a-boo Birthday




Hello and welcome. I hope you're having a good Monday. Our day started out with some very much needed rain. The bad news is, it started pouring down while Hubby Dear was out for his 3 mile walk. He was so drenched that he had to take his clothes off and wring them out in the garage. Needless to say (being the nasty person I am) my day started out with a good chuckle.....but, being the kind of guy he is, he had a good laugh too. Okay, now on to my card.

Last March when I showed my friend the peek-a-boo card I made for my son's 50th birthday she asked if I would make one for her daughter whose turning 50 this month. The birthday girl is a high school English teacher so I thought this alphabet paper would be good....besides it's the only one I had with the right colors. lol Photo corners and numbers were cut on the Silhouette Cameo, oval frame is Spellbinders Petite Ovals. I also cut the numbers from chip board to make them pop up just a tad then added some Glossy Accents.

Thanks for stopping by, please come back soon. Comments are greatly appreciated. Have a great day.

Take Care!
Gerry

5 comments:

  1. Oh sorry about your man, but yeah it is kind of funny too! LOVE these types of cards you make! No wonder your friend wanted you to make one for her daughter. These are such an heirloom, a wonderful keepsake. Think how thrilled both Mother & Daughter will be when the birthday girl opens this! Niiiiiice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely birthday card. I'm sure your friend's daughter will treasure this card! My hubby is a walker too. He had this happen to him also...didn't faze him a bit..I'm probably come down with at least a cold...smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super adorable, you are so good at these kinds of cards. I bet your friend loved it!! And I have to say that I think I would have locked the door so he couldn't get in the house, being naked and all...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a cool design and what a wonder keepsake for your friend's daughter. She's going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, geez, so sorry your husband got soaked! I had a friend visiting who did the exact same thing - went for a walk, had a downpour of rain, then had to ring out his clothes when he got home! So funny! I love your card. Such a unique design, and a very special gift for a special birthday!

    ReplyDelete