Friday, September 4, 2015

Fall Birthday



Hello and welcome. I want to wish you a happy and safe Labor Day weekend. For us it will be just like any other weekend.....two old people sitting around looking at each other. lol

Todays card is the result of my playing with the Tim Holtz Woodgrain stencil. The leaf/branch thingy, and "Happy Birthday" are from the Silhouette Cameo. I also cut the leaf/branch from chipboard to give it just a little depth. I thought it looked kind of masculine, but I wanted to send it to my s-i-l, so I added a few gems and some Wink of Stella to the letters.

Thanks for stopping by, please come back soon. Comments are greatly appreciated. Have a great day.

Take Care!
Gerry





3 comments:

  1. I like your card and the background that you created...

    And I really like your opening comment...
    Because I could a blog spot the same way...It describes are Holiday weekend too....smile...

    Hope you do have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha love your weekend plans! Reminds me of when we lose power here, we both panic and think oh great now we have to have a conversation LOL Love the card you created here! I think you mastered that wood grain stencil, looks awesome....especially topped with your cameo cut leaf/branchy thingy......that would be the technical term yes??? Have fun playing and staring at each other!!! xo~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the texture from that stencil. Great colors, such a beautiful fall card.

    ReplyDelete