Sunday, August 16, 2015

Student Work

Hello and welcome. I hope you've enjoyed a great weekend.
 
I think I've finally recuperated from a fun week visiting our kids. We also had some very fun visits with Hubby Dear's 5 siblings & spouses and my Dear Old Sister.
 
Just before our little trip my cousin was here for a few days. She wanted me to give her some lessons in card making (foolish lady). I am not a very good teacher but she was a very good and patient student. Before she left I took pictures of the cards she made and told her I would post them here on my blog.
 
For the first one I showed her how to do a partial die cut. Sorry about the quality of the photo, by the time I took it off the camera she had already left so I couldn't retake it. Her card is CASE'd from one I did earlier.

 
The second card is for her granddaughter. After showing her how to find and download digi images (this one is from an online coloring page), I showed her how to mask the image and stipple the background.
 
Number 3 is for her grandson who will be 10. For the background we Googled desert background images. Dinosaurs are from an online coloring page colored with Copic's and fussy cut. To add a little dimension, one dinosaur is flat, one single popped, and one is double popped.











Number 4 is for her son-in-law who is in the construction business. Barb wanted to use a piece of cardstock laying on my desk for the background so I explained how I had sponged and scored it. Tool box is a Silhouette cut file. She'll add some tool stickers before giving it to him....she thought she had used too many of my supplies.











Last but not least, she made an anniversary card for her hubby. She CASE'd the one I had made for Hubby Dear this year.













Thanks for stopping by, please come back soon. Comments are greatly appreciated. Have a great day.

Take Care!
Gerry




 



 


 
 
 









 
 
 
 


 


 







3 comments:

  1. These are FABULOUS! She must have been very pleased with the classes and her lovely teacher! I really must do that partial die cutting, your card....errr her card is AMAZING! They are all great! Sounds like you had some great visits!!! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are GREAT!!! You really did an outstanding job teaching! Each technique can be a challenge, but you really knocked it out of the park. So glad you had some time with family. They'll remember this for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you must be a good teacher, because her cards are awesome. And the best part is that you guys probably had a ball doing it. My sister asked me to help her make a card once, and I just LOVE doing it. Tell your cousin her cards are spectacular!!!

    ReplyDelete