Sunday, August 2, 2015

Bricks and Vines


Hello and welcome. I hope you've enjoyed a wonderful week end. I'm very excited today because my cousin is coming for a few days. She told me she wanted to learn how to make cards from the expert ...I said I'd try to find one.

Todays card came about because I wanted to use the Brick Wall ef and add vines (of some sort). The vine overlay is a card cut file from the Silhouette. For the butterfly I used SU's Butterfly Basics stamp set and Butterflies Thinlets. I also cut the butterfly from chipboard to give it just a little shadow. Flowers are from a SU punch. I couldn't figure out how to get just a little texture on the vines, but not the border, so I just added a little color using a make up applicator and Pistachio Pudding stamp pad.

Thanks for stopping by. I probably won't post again till the middle of August because the day after my cousin leaves, we go to MN for a week.....YAY!! I get to see my kids.  Comments are greatly appreciated. Have a great day.

Take Care!
Gerry

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty, Gerry! Love those pretty vines. Enjoy your trip and have fun visiting your kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you! You are totally an Expert! What FUN for her, private classes! Love your vines covering your brick wall card, lovely soft colors! Enjoy her visit and your trip to the kids! xo~

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're doing an outstanding job with that brick wall! I LOVE the vines! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty card. I love all your elements here, and that brick wall is so awesome behind the vines. Great card!!

    ReplyDelete