Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Autumn Greetings



Hello and welcome. I hope you're having a good week. It's hard to believe we're at the end of July already...Uff-da (my Norwegian heritage coming through) lol

Todays card was inspired by my very dear, amazingly talented friend, Donna Phelan. Donna recently posted a card using the emboss resist technique that reminded me I have not used that technique in quite some time. I wasn't sure how emboss resist would work on a dry embossed background but I'm kind of pleased with how it turned out. Small leaves are from an old punch and spritzed with Tattered Angels Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Mist. Sentiment is from a clear stamp, possibly from Hero Arts but I don't really know. A piece of burlap was added for a little texture.

Thanks for stopping by, please come back soon. Comments are greatly appreciated. Have a great day.

Take Care!
Gerry

4 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful! Thank you for explaining how you did the background and woohoooo Donna for the idea! Are you dreaming of autumn :) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh how COOL! I LOVE your brick wall with the embossed resist leaves, they look MARVELOUS!!! I hardly ever use 'techniques' just lots of layers. Now, Judy Woodland, that girl always has some technique in play! Beautiful card, Gerry, thanks for the plug! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, this is just genius!!! I love how you dry embossed and then heat embossed, or was it the other way around?? Anyway, this is gorgeous!! And yes, I do like techniques, Donna, but I also love all your beautiful layers. And Gerry, you are a master at sponging...as witnessed by this awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gerry! What a great card! I love that brick background. You did a fantastic job with the sponging!

    ReplyDelete