Saturday, June 20, 2015

Butterfly Thoughts



Hello and welcome. How is your day going? I am so excited, my dear old sister will be here this afternoon. Woo-Hoo!!

The inspiration for this card came from one I saw on Pinterest. This was my first attempt at partial die cutting and I'm pretty satisfied with it. Butterfly die is from Stampin Up, floral stamp is from Scrappy Cat. I've had this stamp set for years but this is the first time I've ever used it. Sentiment is from the So Happy For You set from Stampin Up. I colored white pearls with a Copic marker and drew the antennae with a black pen. I covered the butterfly with Metallic Icing Gellato. It gives it a nice shimmer.

Thanks for stopping by, please come back soon. Comments are greatly appreciated. Have a great day.

Take Care!
Gerry

9 comments:

  1. That's a really pretty card. I'm going to have to try that technique. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you do the partial die cut on this? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Donna. I watched a video but now I can't find it again. You can go on Pinterest or Google and search for 'partial die cut' videos. If I come across the one I watched I'll send you the link.

      Delete
    2. Hi Donna, here is a link to a video on partial die cutting. I hope it helps.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaXjAJL_Zr8

      Delete
  3. OMGeeee - Vegas will not be the same when your Dear Old Sister rolls into town. Have fun!! I have this die and I'm going to try using it this way - it's just beautiful!!! Love your layout too, and that pretty soft yellow with the white. Gorgeous card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's the video:
    https://www.pinterest.com/pin/52424783138693296/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is gorgeous! I love that beautiful butterfly, and the flowers on the side look great. Have fun with your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How BEAUTIFUL! Love the dainty flourish of flowers, they are sooooo pretty! Yeah your gorgeous butterfly really POPS off the page....literally! I am going to have to check this out! Lovely, Gerry!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your card Gerry, and such a dainty flower stamp, Lovely!! The butterfly is so pretty and great work with the partial die cutting of it!! Greetings to you my friend!!

    ReplyDelete