Monday, April 6, 2015

Happy Anniversary


Hello and welcome. I hope you had a nice Easter, we had a nice quiet day.

Before I get to my card I have a little humor to share with you. My granddaughter told me her 5 year old showed her the Easter card we sent him and told her it was signed by great-grandma Gerry and grandpa Doug, but it's really just from grandma. When she told him it was from both of us, he turned it over to show her the label and said see; Made For Ryan by Great-grandma Gerry, grandpa had nothing to do with it. Ya gotta love those little ones. lol

Today's card is for my son & d-i-l's 23 anniversary. I got the idea from Pinterest (of course). I recently received the Striped Scallop Thinlets and Irresistibly Yours Designer Series paper from Stampin UP so I just had to play with my new toys. Since the designer paper is embossed I thought of the emboss resist method and colored it with Pink Pirouette and a sponge dauber. Fresh Cuts stamp set was used for the background, sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes, flowers and ribbon were in my stash. A few pearls were added for little bling.

Thanks for stopping by, please come back soon. Comments are greatly appreciated. Have a great day.

Take Care!
Gerry

3 comments:

  1. Out of the mouths of babes....Grandpa's out of luck here! lol I love the background design and the same design cut out too. That looks sooo pretty! And of course your pretty little flowers! Beautiful card! Hope they have a happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card! Such a soft and delicate design. I love the dp (which you beautifully sponged) and matching thinlets die frame- I am crazy about pink! Your beautiful die cut flowers add the perfect touch! I hope they have a wonderful anniversary and many more to come! You have a precious great-grandson!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how your die cut matches the patterned paper. Very cool - love that soft pink color too. They will love getting this for their anniversary. Oh, and don't you just love what little kids come up with? Priceless!!!!

    ReplyDelete