Friday, March 6, 2015

Minnesota Birthday



Hello and welcome. Where has this week gone?? I must have had a busy week but I sure didn't get anything done.

I bet you're not surprised this card is going to MN. lol  It's for my oldest brother-in-law who's turning 82.
The shape is a cut file from Silhouette Cameo on line store. I backed the cutout with burlap, scored all 4 sides and sponged all edges. Because I didn't have any brads the right color I punched circles using the Owl Punch and added Glossy Accents to give them the look of brads. Happy Birthday stamp is by Hero Arts. Because he lives in Duluth I added a small star approximately where Duluth is.

Thanks for stopping by, please come back soon. Comments are greatly appreciated. Have a great day.

Take Care!
Gerry

4 comments:

  1. Wow! What a perfect card!, and fabulous idea to use the shape of MN, cut out in burlap and nicely finished off with the sponged edges, and the star at the location of your brother in law! The punched circles with the glossy accents look like they are enamel dots! You are one creative lady! Love your card, and so will your Brother in law!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is very creative! I love the state cut out, good thinking there kiddo! I also love that you made 'brads' by punching and adding glossy accents, I think that is genius....and I think you have done that before, still clever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cool. My first thought was, I wonder how she did that. Duh - a cut file, of course. Love the burlap look and the Glossy Accents brads are so awesome. What a wonderful idea - I have never heard of that before. so clever, aren't you?? Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute and creative. I bet he loved this card!

    ReplyDelete