Sunday, January 4, 2015

Ninety


Hello and welcome. I hope you're doing well and keeping warm

Today's card is for a dear friend. I lovingly call him "Uncle" Bill, or occasionally 'the old coot'....he loves me anyway. lol
On the picture the numbers look lighter than the card base but they're actually from the same sheet of Chocolate Chip cardstock. I think it looks much better in real life. Background paper is a piece I found in my stash, burlap is a recent purchase. Numbers and screw heads were cut on the Silhouette Cameo. Numbers are popped up, Glossy Accents was added to the screw heads. Now I have to make another 90th birthday card, for a real uncle.

Thanks for stopping by, please come back soon. Comments are greatly appreciated. Have a great day.

Take Care!
Gerry

4 comments:

  1. Great card! It is sooo hard to make a male card let alone one for someone at the young age of 90!! BRAVO!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gerry, You hit the "nail on the head" with this one! Perfect design and what an accomplishment for a man to reach 90!! He deserves this one, and a beauty it is! Love the wood grained background and the burlap, and of course the colors are so "manly"! You will make him a happy man with this card! Greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love this card!!! Very simple and masculine, and love that you put the age on there. Your nail heads look real. I don't have any burlap, but I love the look. Will have to get some - great job my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea to accent the nail heads with Glossy Accents, very clever! I like this masculine birthday card too....you have been busy while I was away! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete