Monday, January 5, 2015

Ninety--take 2


Hello and welcome. I hope you had a nice weekend and are having a good start to the first full week of 2015.

Today I'm back with another 90th birthday card. Hubby Dear liked the one I made for our dear friend--seen here-- so he suggested I make one like it for my uncle. I decided to change it up just a bit. I distressed the background paper by tearing and sponging the edges then had the idea to try to give a distressed look to the burlap. Sponging the burlap kind of messed up the sponge dauber but that's o.k. because I like the look. This time I embossed the numbers with Clear Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel. And, as luck would have it, I found 4 dark brown brads in my stash.

Thanks for stopping by, please come back soon. Comments are greatly appreciated. Have a great day.

Take Care!
Gerry

4 comments:

  1. I really like this card, Gerry! The brads are the perfect touch. I'm sure your Uncle will like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, This "90" years old card is also so handsome! Great idea to do the distressed look, it turned out so nice! Tearing the paper, and distressing the burlap-great ideas! Really a fantastic card your Uncle will love! Congrats to him!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE that background paper. Looks like crackle - a technique that is so attractive. Another wonderful card - your uncle will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving all that texture and the big bold 90! That is something to celebrate for sure! And Judy is right, it does look like Crackle Paint! Well done!

    ReplyDelete