Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Hap"BEE" Birthday



Hello and welcome my blog friends. Hope your week is going well.

Today's card is CASEd from one I found on Pinterest. You can see it HERE.

I used digi paper for the background. Hexagons are from the SU Hexagon punch, hexagon "frames" were cut on the Silhouette....wouldn't you think I'd have a hexagon die set by now?? Bees are from The Sizzix stamp and die Garden Flowers Set. I used a Bic Mark It marker to color the bees then added Glossy Accents to the yellow and used black Stickles for the eyes. For a little interest I colored the frames with Summer Sun stamp pad using a dauber. It doesn't show very well in the photo but I embossed the white panel. To get the embossing only on the top panel I had to use a rolling pin because the ef wouldn't fit sideways through the BigKick. Well, actually, Hubby Dear did the rolling because he didn't think I'd be able to get enough pressure....you know with him being so macho and all. Once it was all put together I decided to adhere the top panel down which made it a non-trifold card. Sentiment was printed on the computer. I cut 1/4 inch black strips for the side edges.


Thanks for stopping by, please come back soon. Have a great day.

Take Care!
Gerry







2 comments:

  1. This card is adorbs! I just love it!!! Thanks for the inspiration, I might have to CASE it too. I'm so partial to all things bee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect honey combs for perfect little (busy) bees! Love the fold/cut....and the yellow polka dot paper is fabulous! Good to know I can use my rolling pin for something other than making pies. lol Although I do love pies! ;)

    ReplyDelete