Monday, July 7, 2014

Birthday and New Career



Hello and welcome my blog friends. I hope you enjoyed a fun filled Fourth of July week-end.

Today's card is for our daughter. After almost 10 years as an elementary special ed para she went back to school and got her teaching license. Since her first teaching job starts a week after her birthday I decided to make her a card to celebrate both birthday and new career. She needs just a few more credits before getting her masters. I am sooooo proud of her.
I patterned the card after one I saw on Pinterest. The 'teachers have class' apple image is from an online coloring page colored with Copics. For the background paper I Googled 'back to school' images and found this one. The little popped up apple is also a Google image....fussy cut with Crystal Affects added. What would I do without Pinterest and Google??? lol  Inside sentiments says "You are never to old to set another goal or to dream a new dream".

Thanks for stopping by, please come back soon. Have a great day.

Take Care!
Gerry

2 comments:

  1. Oh how wonderful congratulations to your daughter on her new teaching career! Good for her (and all of those kids too!) Great celebration/birthday card. Love that fold, you're always doing something neat! xo~

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful for her! Way to go! And...now nice of you, Mom, for creating a card for both birthday and new career! I love it!

    ReplyDelete