Friday, June 6, 2014

Life Begins At 50



Hello and welcome my blog friends. I hope you had a good week and are looking forward to a fun week-end. Summer has definitely arrived here in Vegas...100+ degrees. But up where we are, the base of the mountains, our temps are about 5 degrees cooler.

Today's card is for my niece....who knows to never expect a sweet, sentimental card from me ;) Ms. Nifty-Fifty is from a online coloring page, wine glass is clip art. Ms. Nifty-Fifty was holding some maracas, but of course I thought a wine glass was more appropriate, so I cloned out the maracas. Numbers were cut from black glitter paper on the Silhouette. Sentiment is a quote from Phyllis Diller that I found online. The inside says...but everything else starts to wear out, fall out, or spread out. Image was colored with Spectrum Noir markers with Stickles added to her earrings. For the background I masked the image then "splattered" ink from a re-inker using a toothbrush and cut it with Nestabilities Labels Eight. I added Glossy Accents to the wine glass.

Thank you for stopping by, please come back soon. Comments are always very much appreciated. Have a great week-end.

Take Care!
Gerry

4 comments:

  1. Oooh must feel like natural air conditioning! lol We watch the Boston weather and we are always 10-20 degrees cooler....."Cooler At The Coast" Love Ms Nifty Fifty AND her wine glass, she looks so swanky! I can remember way back when I turned 50....almost 2.5 years ago.....YIKES.....think I'll go get a glass of wine myself! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMGoodness Sweet Girl, at almost 52.5 you're still a baby :) I'm having a glass of wine right now to celebrate your youth.....isn't that what good friends do??

      Delete
  2. Wonderful card! I agree with the sentiment, too! I'll be 55 in a month and my body changes by the day! (Do you have a card for hot flashes? Whew! lol) I'm glad you're in the "cooler" part of Vegas! I remember visiting there for a conference and walking through the water sprays just to cool off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! I love Miss Nifty-Fifty and her wine, but I'm hoping life begins at 60! lol

    ReplyDelete