Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Congrats Mari




Hello and welcome my blog friends. Hope your day is going well, mine sure is. I had a good report from the cardiologist and  I'm done with doctors for a while....that has to make for a great day, right?
My sister asked me to make a graduation card for her granddaughter and here's what I came up with. Background paper is a online digi paper. card base, numbers, cap and diploma are from the Silhouette, caps on the right side are brads. The sentiment is one I found online, "swishy" lines are from my Hallmark 2013 Deluxe card program. Instead of adhering the sentiment to the background paper I used Nestabilities  Classic Rectangles Small to cut an opening in the bg paper. Card base is white with edges sponged with SU's Basic Gray stamp pad. Numbers were cut from a silvery glitter paper.

Thanks for stopping by, please come back soon. Have a great day.

Take Care!
Gerry

2 comments:

  1. Super cute and very clever Gerry. Your sister's granddaughter will LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Came here from SCS to see if you had included instructions for this different layout of a shutter card (at least I had never seen it before). This layout is wonderful and this card is super for a graduate - love the sentiment, especially! I'm sure I'll be able to figure it out for myself now that I've seen it. :-) Thanks for sharing...I've 'Favorited' the card on SCS for reference.

    ReplyDelete