Thursday, April 3, 2014

Happy Birthday Dewey



Hello and welcome my blog friends. I was having so much fun making Easter cards that I almost forgot to make my sons' birthday card. DeWayne will be 49 April 10 and he and his lovely wife will celebrate their 22 wedding anniversary April 11. I hope to get their anniversary card done today and post it tomorrow.

Background was made with the Sizzix, honeycomb ef. I covered one side of the ef with black ink and used whisper white cardstock. Center hexagons were stamped with SU's Six-Sided Sampler then punched with matching punch. Sentiment is from SU's Vintage Labels. Because I didn't have the right size or shape brads for the corners I improvised a little. I ran a small piece of cardstock through the ef, colored the centers with black marker, fussy cut and added Glossy Accents then glued them in the corners. As you can see, I do not improvise very well.

Thanks for stopping by, please come back soon. Have a great day.

Take Care!
Gerry

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous masculine card! (I have older brothers and when I hear Dewey I always think of the 3 Stooges, the law firm, Dewey, Cheatum & Howe!) lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Donna for the trip down memory lane with the Stooges. Darn those kids Gerry, interrupting your Easter card making for a birthday card. But I am glad DeWayne did because this card is FABULOUS! What a great masculine card. Your son will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! I'm sure he'll love it. My youngest son turns 28 today--he called to wish me a Happy Labor Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharon, I love your sons sense of humor

      Delete
  4. Awesome card! Love the black and white color pallet, and all the texture. Great man-card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great masculine card! I always have lots of girly cards. I'll have to keep this in mind when I need to make one.

    ReplyDelete