Friday, March 14, 2014

Hexagon Hive Birthday



Hello and welcome my blog friends. After a very fun visit from my b-i-l & s-i-l I'm back in my craft room.
 I just got the SU Hexagon Hive Thinlits Die and just had to play with it. To make the background paper I used a dotted background stamp (sorry I don't remember where I got it) with Basic Gray ink, then cut it with the Hexagon Hive die. "Happy Birthday" , stamped on the plain side of the cut out hexagon's, is from SU's Vintage Labels set. I also put in a few plain pieces around the edges then finished it off with a star brad. I'm not really crazy with the end result but maybe my 81 year old b-i-l will think it's okay.

Thanks for stopping by, please come back soon. Have a wonderful week end.

Take Care!
Gerry

2 comments:

  1. Oh I think this is a great masculine birthday card! You done good....he'll love it! I love the addition of the star brad too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That hex shape is one of my all time favorites!! For a while I couldn't get enough of it. Love our color combo, the texture of the background stamp, and as Donna said, that star brad to top it off. Your BIL will love it!!

    ReplyDelete