Monday, March 10, 2014

Happy Birthday Wendi



Hello and welcome my blog friends. Oh my, now that I'm looking at it, I think the tree should have been a little bigger.....oh, well; you know, "woulda, coulda, shoulda". The tree and birds are from an on-line coloring page, gate from the Silhouette on-line store, flowers from a SU  punch, stems & leaves from the SU bird punch. Large flower is a Punch Bunch punch, leaves are SU 5 petal flower punch, lady bug is from my stash. Tree and birds were colored with Bic Mark It markers, sky was done with a torn piece of  paper and a cotton ball with Bashful Blue ink. Happy Birthday is from SU's Vintage Labels stamp set. 

I'll be sending this card to my d-I-l. Ladybugs have a special meaning to her,and myself, because her  daughter loved them. Unfortunately she became our "Special Angel" in 1999...a month before her 3rd birthday.

Thanks for stopping by. Hubby's brother & his wife will be visiting for a few days so I probably won't be posting till the end of the week. Have a great week.

Take Care!
Gerry

4 comments:

  1. What a sweet card! I didn't realize it was a tree. I thought it was a big lilac bush, so it's just the right size. lol Love the card! Love the gate too! I haven't seen that before. So sorry to hear about your granddaughter. The ladybug was a very thoughtful touch. Enjoy your company!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet story about the lady bug. So sorry you lost your little granddaughter, it's so hard. Your card is lovely. I love all the elements, from the birds to the cute little bug. You have a great week too, and enjoy your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that gate! The flowers are beautiful, too. So sorry about your granddaughter! I'm sure that pain never really goes away. Glad you have ladybugs to remember by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your garden gate card. I am so sorry for your loss, so sad. I get the lady bug thing, I have a red cardinal thing! ;) Take care my friend! xo~

    ReplyDelete