Friday, January 17, 2014

Alive at 65


Hello and welcome my blog friends. I had a good report from the cardiologist yesterday so now I just have to get some energy back.

A very good, long time friend will be celebrating her 65th birthday soon and, me being me, of course I couldn't make a "nice" card. The image is from Stitchy Bear. The digi has "Happy Birthday" on the cake but I changed it a bit and added the number 65. For coloring I used Bic Mark It markers. I added yellow stickles to the flowers on her shoes & hat, gold stickles for earrings and a little glitter on her toe nails. Ovals are Spellbinder's lacey ovals & classic ovals large. The background was run through the Sparkling ef by Sissix then lightly colored with a brayer and bashful blue stamp pad. Here is a look at the inside.
 

Thanks for stopping by, please come back soon. Have a great week-end.

Take Care!
Gerry

7 comments:

  1. This is a great card...I'm sure your friend will love it...So happy for you that you received a good report!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jill, I know my friend will love it. I'm feeling better every day, I just need to get some energy back.

      Delete
  2. hahaha! Love her, and that fabulous background of yours. Also the inside, I always want to duck as I read them! HA! xo~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you'd love her and thought you might come up with a name for her

      Delete
  3. Oh, my goodness! What will you create next? This is hilarious! I just about laughed so hard the tears almost ran down my legs! Love the blue, the background, and especially the painted toe nails! This card is really great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gerry, another "knock it out of the park" card! Love your sense of humor and love this card and that fabulous image! I am so happy to hear you got a good report from your cardiologist and am glad you are concentrating on getting that energy level of yours back up...I need more of your humor and so I don't have to worry about the "tears running down my leg", I'll put my "depends" on before going to your blog! My best to you always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barbara, you are so sweet and I treasure all the wonderful comments you make on my cards....just don't expect me to supply the "depends". Take Care my friend.

      Delete