Friday, December 13, 2013

Snowman Wisdom


Hello and welcome my blog friends. If I would have gotten myself in gear months ago I'd be done with Christmas cards by now. I'm not only a slow learner I'm a slow doer  lol

Snowman image is from an online coloring page. I went around the edges of Mr. Frosty with a light blue marker to add a little definition; holly on hat is a small stamp colored and fussy cut. I've had that little stamp for many years and there are no markings to tell where I got it. Coloring was done with Bic Mark It markers, I added black Stickles to the eyes & buttons, red Stickles to the berries. I used white Stickles on the snow outlines but it looks kind of green around the bottom of the trees and on the trees I used a glue pen randomly and added white glitter but unfortunately it turned kind of red in spots....oh my, do I ever need help with glittering....YIKES!! Below is a look at the inside with a verse I found on Pinterest. If you click on the picture you should be able to read it.


Thanks for stopping, please come back soon. Have a great week-end.

Take Care!
Gerry

8 comments:

  1. This snowman is the sweetest Gerry! Great job on the coloring! Love all the sparkle! Fabulous job! And I also love the snowman wisdom verse that you found! Have a Blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet Angelica. Who knew snowmen were so wise?!?!

      Delete
  2. He is one of the best dressed snowmen I have seen this season! :) I absolutely LOVE your forest and the glittery snowy hills you created, it's all so Awesome! And the poem is fabulous, never have seen it before, but I can so relate to several lines! hahahaha Merry Merry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You always say the nicest things to me girlfriend. Number 7 is my favorite line but I can relate to a couple more.

      Delete
  3. Love your happy snowman! I agree with Donna, he is very well dressed. Love that gorgeous wooded background you created for him. What a great poem! I haven't seen it before.....great card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, there's nothing like a well dressed snowman. Your wonderful comments always brighten my day

      Delete
  4. Darling card as usual Gerry, love that little snowman and all the pretty glitter and the inside words of wisdom is just too sweet. Hadn't seen that before. I feel your pain as far as getting cards done is concerned. I have one more to color and then need to put them together and ready to mail Monday. Boy nothing like last minute, is there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my friend for another boost to my ego, you are so sweet. If it weren't for the 'last minute' I'd never get anything done lol

      Delete