Sunday, November 10, 2013

Ryan's Turkey



Hello and welcome my blog friends. I hope you are enjoying a wonderful fall week-end.

Today's card is for my 4 year old great-grandson. The turkey is from the Silhouette on-line store but I couldn't resist adding googly eyes and tiny gold "buttons". Sentiment is from the first Stampin Up Thanksgiving set I bought in the mid '90's. After putting the crumb cake cs through the woodgrain ef, I sponged chocolate chip ink over it. I sponged all the edges of the turkey and labels with Distress pumice stone ink. Labels are from Nestabilities labels large & small, leaves are from a Punch Bunch punch. At first I made the turkey a 'wobbler' but didn't think it looked quite right so I just popped him up with dimensionals.

I'm entering this in the following challenges
 Brown Sugar challenge #67- Anything Goes
My Sheri Crafts challenge #123 Fall/Thanksgiving


Thanks for stopping by, please come back soon. Have a great day.

Take Care!
Gerry

8 comments:

  1. Love the turkey with the googly eyes! I'm sure your great-grandson will love it! Have a Blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angelica, you are so sweet to comment. Somehow I think Ryan might be more interested with what's inside more than the card. ;)

      Delete
  2. Okay, that is just too stinkin' cuuuuuuuuuute! Oh yes, the googly eyes just gives him that personality. Your great grandson is going to LOVE Tom! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh girlfriend, you always make my day with your wonderful comments. The personality in Tom's googly eyes matches the mischievous personality in Ryan's beautiful blue eyes.

      Delete
  3. Gerry, what a darling card, your great grandson is going to love this! The sentiment is wonderful too as is that board plank background and those GOOGLY EYES!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barbara, you & Donna have put a huge smile on my face this morning. I'll toast you at wine time today ;)

      Delete
  4. This is so cute. Thanks for sharing with us this time over at my sheri crafts.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute turkey! I love your embossing and how you inked it. Thanks for joining us at My Sheri Crafts!

    ReplyDelete