Monday, November 25, 2013

Glad I'm not a turkey



Thank you for taking the time to stop by during this busy Thanksgiving week.

Who would put a cat on a Thanksgiving card?? Oh, that would be me. I made this for a friend who's cat had been missing for 5 weeks and suddenly came home the week before Thanksgiving. Our friend is single and thinks of her dag & cat as her children. So of course I had to be a smarty pants and make her a card.

Cat is from an on-line coloring page, hat is Hallmark clip art, sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes, stamped and punched with the word window punch, mounted on modern label punch, mounted on movers & shapers modern label. Brads are from my stash. Background was run through the woodgrain ef by The Paper Studio. Inside sentiment is one I found somewhere on-line.

Thanks for stopping by, please come back soon.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Gerry

6 comments:

  1. Well of course that makes sense! Love this personalized Thanksgiving card, she'll treasure it always! One of my gal pals, bulldog named Bronx, just passed away today, he was 12, quite old for a bulldog. I am so thankful your friend's cat retuned, that must have been so worrisome! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought you would think this card makes sense. Our friend loved it!! I don't have any pets....except hubby dear... but I understand how important they are to their owners.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon. If I had a pet it would be a cat

      Delete
  3. Well I'm glad I'm not a turkey too! Love your card and that fun sense of humor and how purr-fect for your friend. Hopefully she has a very Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not only this time of year I'm glad I'm not a turkey lol Our friend thought it was the perfect Thanksgiving card for her.

      Delete