Sunday, November 24, 2013

Flipping for Thanksgiving





Hello and welcome my blog friends. I am soooo excited, just a couple more days till our daughter and her family get here for Thanksgiving. My son-in-law & grandson give the best hugs ever and I am SO ready for them.

Now, about this card.... I used Stampin Up's Thinlets Card Dies, label. After I had the card cut out I wondered how it would work to emboss the end flaps so I gave it a try...I think it worked out okay. I sponged the embossed flaps with More Mustard, added a narrow scalloped border, punched with the SU scallop border punch and small leaves from a Punch Bunch punch. Wheat image is clip art, "Happy Thanksgiving" is an old stamp from Great Impressions. First part of the sentiment is one I found somewhere on-line a few years ago. After printing the sentiment I cut it with the Thinlet Card Die so it would fit in the center panel.
I'm entering this in two challenges
Brown Sugar Challenges
Crazy 4 Challenges

Thanks for stopping by, please come back soon. Have a great day.

Take Care!
Gerry

7 comments:

  1. I think it worked perfectly! Looks so rustic and woodsie! Really fabulous fold! I hope you charge them a hug a minute! :) Enjoy~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you my friend. Oh, yeah, I'm charging a hug a minute. I can't wait till they get here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card. Thanks for joining our challenge at Brown Sugar. Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I'm flipping for Thanksgiving just thinking about the turkey and then I stroll on over here and see this darling Flipping for Thanksgiving card you've made. What a clever idea Gerry, I love it and I love the texture you were able to add using embossing folders. Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm amazed the idea of embossing the ends actually turned out good...especially since it came out of my little brain. ;)

      Delete
  5. Since it is Thanksgiving week and I don't know how much I will be on line...I wanted to wish you and your family a wonderful Happy Thanksgiving. All the best to you my friend and enjoy that sweet family. Mine arrives Wednesday afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barbara, and Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. Isn't it just the best when the kids & grandkids come for holidays??

      Delete