Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Springy Spider



Hello and welcome my blog friends. Today's card is for my 8 year old great-grandson but I better make sure he isn't afraid of spiders before I send it to him.

I cut the black & white spider web on the Silhouette Cameo. For the background (which took me a while to come up with)  I used a Momento black stamp pad to cover one side of the Sizzix Spider Web embossing folder and used green card stock. The white web was a little too stark looking so I used a green  Color Box Petal Point stamp pad to kind of tone it down....it does look more green in real life.  The big spider is from the Silhouette Cameo to which I added fun flock with green gems for eyes and coiled some wire to make it a wobbler. Small spiders are from a QuicKutz die and black glitter paper, they're attached with dimensionals. The white web is also with demensionals.

Thank you so much for stopping by and please come back soon. I'd really appreciate you taking a moment to let me know your thoughts. Have a great day.

Take Care!
Gerry

4 comments:

  1. Gerry, another wonderful Halloween card! I am still chuckling over the spider phobia your Grandson might have because they freak me out just adding them to a card! And it will pack an extra punch because of that wobbler effect. Way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barbara. I hate spiders but don't mind putting them on cards. I'm hoping my great-grandson doesn't have a spider phobia

      Delete
  2. Wow, those spiders look so real they give me the creeps! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spiders give me the creeps too but I like putting them on Halloween cards.

      Delete