Friday, September 6, 2013

Robot Birthday

Hello my blog friends. I hope you have had a good week and are looking forward to a fun week end.
My great-grandson will be 8, September 8. For his birthday, Grandpa, (my son) is taking him to a place where he can make a robot so that gave me the idea for his card.

 
 
The robot is from the Silhouette Online store.....of course I just had to add googly eyes. Background is craft card stock run the the BigKick with the Cuttlebug Spots & Dots ef. I punched banners, using a small EK punch, in Not Quite Navy, cut letters using Sizzix Extended Cuts Small Stuff from Real Red. It was a little puttsy trying to adhere all the small pieces but the end result was worth it. The inside verse is from the Hallmark 2010 card making program.
 

 
 

I'm entering this in the following challenges
CCEE Stampers
Sentimental SundaysAddicted To Stamps
Addicted To Stamps

Thanks for stopping by. Please leave a comment and come back soon.

Take Care!
Gerry

6 comments:

  1. How adorable! My son will be 29 Sept 10! One of these day's I'll have a grandson, too, but no hurry! Anyway, I love your card, especially that embossed background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After looking at it again, I realize you really put a LOT of work into this! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your sweet comment Sharon. This card was a lot of work but it was truly a labor of love. I used to think there could be nothing to compare to a grandchild...then I had a great-grandchild. It is absolutely awesome to see part of you continue for generations.

      Delete
  3. what a great idea for a card, your great grand son is going to have a robot filled Birthday! Thanks for joining us at ATSM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment Sandie. This is my first entry at ATSM, I'm looking forward to entering again.

      Delete