Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Distressed Birthday




Hello and happy Fourth of July week.

Ideas for masculine cards don't come easily to me so I just started playing with this newsprint paper that was in my stash and ended up with a not too bad card. Whenever I use a newsprint background paper I like to distress it. The edges are torn and sponged with basic gray ink. Happy Birthday is from an old Stampin' Up set that I don't know the name of. After stamping the sentiment on light gray card stock I cut it with Nestabilities Grommet Tag, trimmed it to fit on a darker gray Grommet Tag. Just on a whim I tied the tag on a piece of bakers twine, letting it hang there, and liked the looks of it.

Thanks for stopping by, please come back soon. Have a happy and safe July 4th.

Take Care!
Gerry

Supplies: Basic gray, light gray cardstock; background paper from Bazzill; Stampin Up birthday stamp; basic gray stamp pad; sponge dauber; bakers twine; Scor-tape.



1 comment:

  1. Oh, I LOVE this! Perfect male card! I'm always curious about newspaper headlines on birthdays anyway...never thought about using for a card. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete