Monday, June 17, 2013

Cute Grandpa...Happy Father's Day






Happy Monday my blog friends. I finished my daughter's First 40 Years scrapbook....just in time to make hubby a Father's day card....now I can get back to making cards and posting more regularly.

I didn't have any idea as to what kind of card to make until I looked under Father's Day in my Hallmark card program and found this sentiment, then I was on a mission to find just the right digi stamp. I  found this Cute Grandpa at Digi Darla's.
Instead of coloring cute gramps clothes, I paper pieced. When I couldn't find a piece of denim colored paper in my stash I used white paper then did the direct to paper method with Distress Faded Jeans stamp pad for the pants, shirt is the same as the background paper. Since the old guy wears glasses I made a tiny pair from thin wire. He didn't seem to be as amused by the big tummy as I was. lol

Thanks for stopping by, please come back soon. Have a great day.

Comments are always welcome.

Take Care!
Gerry

Supplies: Not quite navy cardstock; background paper; Nestabilities Labels 10; Hallmark card program for sentiment; digi stamp; Distress Faded Jeans stamp pad; sponge dauber; brads; wire; Scor-tape


4 comments:

  1. LOVE him, how cute! And aren't you the clever one to make his clothes AND his glasses! Gosh you're creative! :) TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words my friend. I'm not surprised we have the same taste in men ;)

      Delete
  2. Ha! Love this! I gave a card with a picture similar to this to a fiance several years ago (we'd known each other over 20 years) but the sentiment said, "To My Knight In Shining Armour." !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon. I would never be sweet enough to say My Knghit In Shining Armour...but, after 50 years 'sweet' is kind of boring. lol

      Delete