Monday, May 27, 2013

Congratulations Jodi




Happy Memorial Day!! Let's all take a moment to remember our military heroes, past and present.

Today's card is for my niece who is getting her Masters In Social Work degree. She was a high school drop out who will receive her masters with her 3 daughters and 1 granddaughter cheering her on....and of course her very proud mom will be cheering loudest of all. 

This was really very simple...and quick. Background piece was run through the Fancy Fan ef, label is Nestabilities Fancy Tags Two, cap & diploma are stickers from Jolee's that I found in my stash. Sentiment was printed on the computer and cut with Nestabilities Petite Ovals Small. For the corners on the inside, I cut a second fancy tag and cut it apart.

Thanks for stopping by, please come back soon. Have a great week.

Take Care!
Gerry

Supplies: Whisper white, basic black, real red cardstock; Nestabilities Fancy Tags Two, Petite Ovals small; Fancy Fan ef; Jolee's stickers; BigKick; Scor-tape



9 comments:

  1. Very well done! It is lovely and I was wondering what font you used to get the verse to look hand written?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind comment Nana Griffin. The font is KatTailHMk. The verse is from the Hallmark 2010 card program.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for getting back to me so soon. I am not familiar with this program.Do you subscribe to it online or buy it?

      Delete
    3. Nana G, The Hallmark card program is one you buy. My hubby bought mine on-line. The KatTailHMK font is actually on my computer in Microsoft Works word processor.

      Delete
  2. Thanks again Gerry, for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another winner! Loved this as soon as I saw it. I think Grad cards can be so hard, but you made it look easy! Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet Sharon. This card really was easy

      Delete
  4. Oh, my -- this is so elegant!! Looks more beautiful than a real diploma, that's for sure! And thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment on our ocean ship anniversary card! <3 rosy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosie. I plan on using the sentiment from your anniversary card for my hubby's 50 anniversary card this summer.

      Delete