Sunday, February 10, 2013

Black & White Valentine



Hello and happy Sunday my blog friends. It's been quite a while since I've entered a card in a challenge. I'm entering today's card in the Crazy4Challenges C4C171. The challenge is to make a card with hearts without using red or pink. Good thing I'm a non-traditional kind of gal, it was easy for me to come up with the black & white combo for Valentine's
 The card base is whisper white cardstock with a basic black layer that was run through the Sizzix Valentine #4 embossing folder. The center heart was cut with QuicKutz Heart die. Paper behind the cut out heart is from Fancy Pants Designs. The hearts in the top corners were punched from white glittered paper with a small EK heart punch. The ribbon across the bottom is a black lacy ribbon with a thin white grosgrain ribbon adhered to the center. The black hearts on the ribbon were punched from black glittered paper with a hand held heart punch.
For adhering the small black glittered hearts I used tiny glue dots that I made with Aleene's Tack-it over & over glue

Thanks for stopping by, please come back soon. As always, I love to hear from you with comments and/or questions. Have a great week.

Take Care!
Gerry

Supplies: Whisper white, basic black cardstock; Sizzix Valentine #4 embossing folder; QuicKutz heart die; lacy ribbon; grosgrain ribbon; white, black glittered paper; EK small heart punch; hand held heart punch; Scortape; glue dots; Aleene's Tack-it over & over glue

No comments:

Post a Comment