Friday, February 22, 2013

Basketball Birthday




Happy Friday my blog friends. I hope you have a fun week-end coming up, mine will be quiet and boring as usual.

A friend asked me to help her make a birthday card for her grandson who is turning 12. She didn't have anything specific in mind but said he played basketball so I thought a basketball theme would be good. Since she's a beginner I wanted her to start with an easy card. I made the background paper using a clip art hoop that I copied, sized and pasted. The player is from a free coloring page colored with Bic Mark It markers. The number 12 is from Ellison Extended Cuts, Small Stuff die. The small hoop didn't have markings to look like a net so I added criss-crossed lines with a light gray colored pencil...you can't see the lines in the photo but they do show in real life.. I hand cut the banners and stamped happy birthday with Teeny Tiny Wishes.  I didn't have any basketball brads so I found a clip art ball and sized it so I could punch it with a 1/2" circle, then added Glossy Accents so they look like brads.

Thanks for stopping by today. Please come back soon. As always, I love to hear from you with comments and/or questions. Have a great week-end.

Take Care!
Gerry

Supplies: Basic black, whisper white card stock; Nestabilities Labels small & large; digital images; computer; 1/2" circle punch; Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp; Scortape

No comments:

Post a Comment