Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Valentine Puppy

 
 
 
 
Hello my blog friends. I hope you are having a good week and staying warm. We've been having a cold snap here in Las Vegas....us desert rats are a bunch of wimps. I also hope you have been lucky enough to avoid the flu.
 
 
I'm so excited to be making Valentine cards, my second favorite holiday.....Halloween's my favorite. Today's card is for my 3 year old great-grandson. The idea for the punch art puppy came from Create with Dee you can see here. I don't have the heart Framelets or Nestabilities so I used my old Sizzix heart die and made a smaller version of Dee's puppy. The name banner was made using the small banner punch from EK with letters from the Sizzix alphabet strip, Small Stuff.  I popped up the banner pieces on top of bakers twine with dimensionals."Be Mine" is from a retired SU set I think is called Candy Hearts. I just love the look of googly eyes on little critters, don't you? Background paper was run through the Sizzix Valentine #4 embossing folder.
 
Thank you for stopping by today, please come back soon. As always, I love to hear from you with comments and/or questions.
 
Take Care!
Gerry
 
Supplies: Dark ray, light gray, red card stock; EK small banner punch; Sizzix alphabet strip; Bakers twine; dimensionals; 1/8" hand punch; googly eyes; Be Mine rubber stamp; Memento tuxedo black ink; small heart punch; Sizzix Heart Set die; Valentine #4 embossing folder; glue dots

1 comment:

  1. I love this card Gerry. I have a nephew named Ryan. He's a little too old for this card, but it's still adorable!

    ReplyDelete