Sunday, December 9, 2012

Christmas Candle





Hello my blog friends. I hope you're enjoying the holiday season making preparations and having some fun times with family and friends.

Today's card is for my nail gal. She told me she's Buddhist and doesn't really celebrate Christmas. Then she giggled and said that her brother puts up a tree for his kids and she gives them presents, so I think she'll enjoy getting a card.

The background paper is a piece I found in my stash, the stamps used are from a retired SU set (I think it's called Season's Greetings) I added Glossy Accents to the "dripping" at the top of the candle and the holder. I added Stickles to the flame and on the poinsettia's. Image is was cut with Spellbinder's Classic Ovals Small & mounted on Spellbinder's Lacy Oval. Coloring was done with Le Plume II markers. I added tiny pearls to the corners but I don't think they really add anything. The inside verse is one I found on-line.

Thanks for stopping by, please come back soon. As always, I love to hear from you with comments and/or questions. Have a good week.

Take Care!
Gerry

Supplies: Red, green, vanilla card stock; Season's Greeting's stamp set; Memento tuxedo black ink; Le Plume II markers; Glossy Accents; Stickles; Spellbinder's Classic Ovals small, Lacy Ovals

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty. Great coloring on the candle. I really like the holly DP and the way you carried the holly to the inside of the card. Great sentiment. A perfect card for someone who "doesn't really celebrate Christmas" or even someone one who does. Thanks for the great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Judy. I appreciate you taking time to view my blog and comment. Hope your Holiday's are Merry and Bright.

      Delete