Sunday, September 2, 2012

Non-traditional Anniversary



Hello and Happy Sunday my blog friends. I hope you're enjoying this Labor Day Weekend. I am very happy to be back in Las Vegas after spending 2 months in MN. It was wonderful to spend time with our family and get caught up with the grandkids but it's nice to be back home.....back to all my card making supplies.

Today's card is one I made for my sister and b-i-l's 52nd anniversary. Their great-granddaughter was visiting them so I thought it would be fun to use her photo. I originally thought of having a word bubble above the baby saying 'Hi, Nana and G-pa, but it didn't quite work, so the baby is just peeking in the window. I found a photo of a Pug on-line that looks just like theirs so added him. This is not a "traditional" anniversary card, but, it is more personal, and they loved it.

The card is white Bazzill cs with background paper from my stash. 'Happy Anniversary' was printed on the computer and hand cut to look like a banner....with green gems on the ends. The 'outside' is a piece of sky/cloud paper I found and stamped with a rubber stamp (sorry I don't who made it) using Peeled Paint Distress Ink. All the edges are distressed with Peeled Paint. The window is the small Madison window die from Memory Box.

Thanks for stopping by, come back soon. As always, I love to hear from you with comments and/or questions. Have a fun, safe holiday. I hope to be posting more now that I'm back to all my supplies.

Take Care!
Gerry

Supplies: Bazzill cardstock; background paper; Small Madison Window die from Memory Box; Cuttlebug; Peeled Paint Distress Ink; sponge dauber; computer images; computer; green gems; Score Tape; pop dots

No comments:

Post a Comment