Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Silohuettes



Hello my blog friends. Labor Day is past, kids are back in school, guess that means summer is over. Hope you had a wonderful Labor Day week end.

Today's card is for Stamp TV's  FFAF  challenge....Rock to the oldies. I chose the 50's song Silhouettes by The Rays to make an anniversary card.

I found the silhouette image on line. The window is the Grand Madison Window die from Memory Box. I cut the center strips to make the silhouette more visible. I added a piece of light pink Vellum to give a look of having a shade in the window and added a piece of lace across the top for the look of a valance. The silk flowers are from my stash. The pink background paper was run through the BigKick with Tim Holtz Bricked ef. I used the A2 Woodgrain ef from the Paper Studio for the window. I distressed the bricked paper a little using a sponge dauber with black ink. "Happy Anniversary" is from Teeny Tiny Wishes, punched with the word window punch, mounted on modern label, with tiny pearls added.

Thanks for stopping by, come back soon. As always, I love to hear from you with comments and/or questions. Have a great day.

Take Care!
Gerry

Supplies: SU cardstock; BigKick; Tim Holtz bricked ef; the Paper Studio A2 woodgrain ef; Memory Box Grand Madison Window and window box dies; silk flowers; digital silhouette; Vellum paper; lace; Teeny Tin Wishes stamp; word window punch, modern label punch; sponge dauber; black dy ink; glue dots; Score Tape; small pearls; dimensionals

2 comments:

  1. Gerry this is just wonderful, love the way you have used the vellum, I have always been a little shy of vellum, but I will give it another go :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking time to look and comment Alex. I very seldom use vellum but I thought it was a must on this card.

      Delete