Saturday, August 4, 2012

Birthday Pictures



Hello my blog friends. I hope you're having a wonderful week-end. Today I get to watch my 6 year old great-grandson at Karate and then watch my 15 year old granddaughter dance in a parade. Is there any better way to spend a Saturday?? -smile-


Today's card is for a friends birthday and I'm entering it in the Mix It Up Monday challenge at Stamp TV.
 For the background I stamped the image with VersaMark on  a cream colored card stock. I covered a piece of white card stock using Tim Holtz Distress Stain, Frayed Burlap, stamped the image with VersaMark over the entire piece, then stamped the focal image in the center with TH Distress Ink, Walnut Stain. Cut it with Nestabilities Labels Two, then stamped another image in Walnut Stain, hand cut it and popped it up over the first image. Before I used the Labels Two die I decided I wanted to put 'smile' under the camera but didn't have a stamp for it so I printed it on the computer.  It took a few tries but I finally got it spaced just right (I was so proud of myself). All edges were sponged with Walnut Stain. I added the gold gems for a finishing touch. Below is a look at the inside


I saw this quote on a plaque in a gift shop. The stamp I used is from a set I bought at Archiver's but can't remember which company it's from since I didn't keep the label...my bad!

Thanks for stoppin' by, hope to see you again soon. As always, I love to hear from you with comments and/or questions. Have a great week-end.

Take Care!
Gerry

Supplies used: Craft colored and white card stock; VersaMark ink; TH Walnut Stain distress ink; TH frayed burlap Distress Stain; rubber stamp; sponge dauber; gold gems; pop dots; score tape; computer

No comments:

Post a Comment