Sunday, July 29, 2012

Birthday Hoot



Hello my blog friends. OMGosh, I can't believe it's been over a week since my last post. It seems there's always something going on to keep me from making cards. It looks like August won't be quite as busy so maybe I'll get more stamping time. I hope you are having a great summer and getting a little reprieve from the heat.

Today's card is for my brother-in-law.....I seem to have a lot of those lol. When I'm here in MN I have limited supplies to work with and the only thing I have for leaves is the Sizzix Sizzlet branch w/leaves die so I had to improvise a little. I cut 3 of the Sizzlets then cut leaves off 2 of them and glued more leaves onto the uncut one plus added some to 2 corners. To add a little texture to the leaves I made lines in each one with a stylus. The tree trunk layer was run through the CuttleBug with the Tim Holtz Woodgrained ef. I really like using googly eyes on these owls but I didn't have any so I added some Glossy Accents to the whites of the punched eyes. The beek was hand cut.

Thanks for stopping by. Check back soon because I hope to post again by Wednesday. As always, I love to hear from you with comments and/or questions. Have a great week.

Take Care!
Gerry

Supplies used: Brown and craft card stock; Tim Holtz Woodgrained ef; CuttleBug; 1 1/2" circle punch; SU owl punch; Sizzix Sisslet branch w/leaves die; Score tape; Glossy Accents; stylus; glue pen

No comments:

Post a Comment