Friday, June 22, 2012

Birthday Owl



Hello my blog friends. Hope you are enjoying some nice summer weather where you are. It's been hot-hot-hot here in Vegas.

Masculine cards are always difficult for me so I thought I'd practice a bit. I used the Tim Holtz, Woodgrain, embossing folder and punched a hole for the owl to fit it. I used craft card stock for the card base and soft suede for the embossed layer then used a sponge dauber with soft suede ink to edge around the punched circle. The owl, from Punch Bunch stamp set, was stamped in walnut stain Distress Ink and punched with the 2 step owl punch. I added googly eyes for a little interest. Leaves are Sizzlits Branches w/Leaves. I printed Happy Birthday in a circle then punched it out with the 1 1/4 circle punch.

Since I need a lot of practice with masculine cards my goal is to make at least 2 more this week-end.

Thanks for stopping by, come back soon. As always, I love to hear from you with comments and/or questions. Have a great week-end.

Take Care!
Gerry

Supplies: Craft, soft suede card stock; Punch Bunch stamp set; 2 step owl punch; googly eyes; Sizzlits branches w/leaves; 1 1/4" circle punch; soft suede ink; walnut stain Distress Ink; sponge dauber; gold brads


No comments:

Post a Comment