Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Friendship Rose


Hello my blog friends. So glad you could visit me today. Today's card is for the Technique Challenge at Splitcoaststampers. The challenge was to make a card using only supplies and techniques that were available in the early days of stamping. There were no embossing folders, die cuts, pearls or many other "must have" things of today. The stamps I used are from the SU set Friendship Rose dated 1998. When I first started stamping (mid '90's) I used LePlume ll markers and that's what I used on this card. Now I like using Bic Mark It markers....I'm too cheap to buy Copics. I used my circle cutting system from Creative Memories to cut the black circle frame. I've had that system since the '90's. We did have glitter glue, not Stickles, back then so I used a little in the centers of the small flowers. I'm very pleased with the end result.

Thanks for stopping by, come back soon. As always, I love to hear from you with comments and/or questions. Have a great day.

Take Care!
Gerry

Supplies: Black & white cardstock; Friendship Rose stamp set; black dye ink; LePlume ll markers; Creative Memories circle cutting system; glitter glue

3 comments:

  1. Such a pretty and elegant rose card! Love red rose or any color ! Yes, copic markers are expensive I got some that I bought on e-bay and Joann's, but I found prismacolor crayons at Michael's last week for .84 cents so I got me some now I just have to get me some OMS. Have a great day! Angie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so sweet to make such kind comment. Are the Prismacolor crayons similar to SU crayons?

      Delete
  2. Prismacolor crayons are wax based even Gina K. mentioned it on her release video. I'm glad they are since I just got me some OMS. You can buy them as a set or single. Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete