Friday, April 13, 2012

College Graduation



Hello my blog friends. Hope you had a good week and have a great week end coming up. My fractured ankle is getting better but I still have to keep the boot on for another month. Good news is that I'm now using a cane instead of a walker.

My oldest and dearest friend asked me to make a graduation card for her granddaughter who is graduating from college with a degree in architecture. I think my brain was on vacation and I couldn't come up with any ideas so I asked for help from my Stamp TV friends. Great ideas from some very talented ladies gave my brain the jump start it needed.

The background paper is an image I found on-line. Congratulations Emily was done on the computer before printing. For the cap I cut a Nestabilities Classic Square and added a small black brad to attach the tassel. The diploma is clip art that I added 2012 to, printed on card stock, cut out and "tied" with gold embroidery floss. For a little bling, I added blue gems in all four corners. Below is a photo of the inside.


I lightened the image for the inside. All edges of the background paper were sponged with Faded Jeans Distress Ink.

Thanks for stopping by, come back soon. As always, I love to hear from you with comments and/or questions. Have a great week end.

Take Care!
Gerry

Supplies: Card stock, digital image; computer; Nestabilities Classic Squares; embroidery floss; small brad; sponge dauber; Faded Jeans Distress Ink; small gems.

2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card! Thanks for the info on how to make the cap ! I have to make one graduation card for my husbands niece and this helps alot! I also started following your blog! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angie, thanks for your very kind comment and for becoming one of my followers.

      Delete