Monday, March 5, 2012

Butterflies with bird





Hello and happy Monday my blog friends. OMGosh, I can't believe it's been a week since my last post. I hope you all had a good week-end.....I sure did. Our daughter came to help us celebrate our birthday's. On Friday the old guy turned 70 and I turned 60-something. Lisa's visit made it a very memorable birthday.

Today's card is being entered in two challenges 
Sentimental Sunday's 92 Words of Encouragement
CR84FN49 color challenge ......yellow, kraft, gray

The card base is Kraft cs. I used the Framed Tulips ef from Stampin' Up then cut out the center to make a frame, inside the frame is gray background paper. Bird and branches are from the Stampin Up bird punch. I mounted the bird with pop dots. Butterflies are from a free coloring page. I use images from free coloring pages like digi stamps. I printed the sentiment on the computer and punched it out with the Modern Label punch and cut the back with Movers and Shapers. I sponged the edges of the bird with So Saffron. I added yellow gems for the birds eye and the ends of the Modern Label.

Thanks for stopping by.  As always, I love to hear from you with comments or questions. Have a great week.

Take Care!
Gerry

Supplies: Yellow, kraft, card stock, gray background paper; Framed Tulips ef; bird punch, modern label punch, movers & shapers; computer images; gems

7 comments:

  1. awe, what a sweet card Gerry! That bird is wonderful and love the little butterflies! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the sentiment on your card, and that pretty embossed frame. Lovely! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely card Gerry. The butterflies are so sweet and I love the SU bird
    Many thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays this week
    Hugs
    Doreen xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for you kind comment Doreen. I really appreciate it.

      Delete
  4. I like the decorative border, it's almost like a frame. Like the colours and the bird as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pia, thank you for viewing my blog and leaving a comment.

      Delete
  5. Such a sweet card. That sentiment is lovely with the butterflies and bird. Thanks so much for joining us at Sentimental Sundays this week.

    ReplyDelete