Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Old Guy's Birthday


Hello my blog friends. Hope your week is going well.

Today's card is for my hubby's 70th birthday. I very affectionately call him the "old guy". I found this Mustang convertible stamp at Viva Las Vegas Stamps a few years ago (the old guy actually does drive a white Mustang convertible) The background was made using a cotton ball, Bashful Blue ink and a torn piece of paper for a guide. The "setting sun" was done with a template I made by punching a 1 1/8 circle and used daubers with yellow and pink ink, then stamped the trees, from the Lovely As A Tree stamp set. I hand cut a piece of black card stock for the road and made the white lines with a white Signo writer. The "70" was done on the computer and hand cut, the sign post was cut free hand. The road sign came about because I wanted to have the number 70 somewhere on the card front. The sentiment "Cruisin' over the hill" was printed on the computer, then I used Nestabilitles Circles Large dies to cut the arch. Below is a photo of the inside. The old man is an image I found online then colored with Bic Mark It markers.



I'm entering this in Sentimental Sunday's #90 challenge

Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day.

 I spent a lot of time getting this together and I'm not too sure about it. Your comments are very much appreciated.

Take Care!
Gerry

Supplies: White, black card stock; Cotton ball, Bashful Blue ink; Mustang rubber stamp; black, yellow, pink, green die ink, black and gray markers; sponge daubers; Signo writer; Nestabilities Circles; computer.

3 comments:

  1. Stunning card. I love the image and a fun sentiment. Thanks for joining at sentimental sundays challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever card, so fun and cute! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sentimental Sundays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicole for your wonderful comment. It means a lot to me. I look forward to more Sentimental Sundays challenges

      Delete