Monday, October 17, 2011

Jean's Birthday


Hello blog  friends. Hope you had a wonderful weed end.  Today's card is for my sister-in-law who lives in MN. I wanted to make a fall card that looked Minnesotan. For the siding I ran brown cs through an embossing folder then sponged the edges and over the embossing. The door and light are Cheery Lynn dies. I sponged ink randomly on the door to make it look a little weathered. The gold corners and handle on the door are scraps of cs colored with a Gold Leaf pen. I just hand cut strips for the flower stems and added brads for the centers. The flowers are a SU punch (Bo Ho Blossoms??) My small leaf punch is hard for me to use so I had my hubby punch them all. Thanks for stopping by. Have a good week. Please leave me a comment.
Take Care!
Gerry

1 comment:

  1. OMG Gerry, this card is phenomenal. I have that screen door on my wishlist, but WOW did you do a nice job on it. What an incredibly awesome scene you created. I love that you used the light from the lamp post as a porch light. I don't think I would have ever thought of that. You should really post this on Stamp TV, I didn't see it in your gallery. I bet others would like to see it.

    ReplyDelete